Friday, July 8, 2011

Hmm.... hmmm..... HMMMMM

So, while on vacation, I got a new novel idea. It isn't fully developed yet and this preview does NOT sound like a story about murders and a planetarium (yes, yes, that's what it's about). This preview makes it sound like a love story, which it is in a way but I want the murders and the planetarium to be the main focus here! Anyways, just wanted to know what you think. I bet it's total and utter bullshit. But I say that about everything I write, and I'm probably right. I don't know. Whatever. Just read: (I would say Just Listen, but you can't really listen now- HEY! LISTEN!- sorry, had to, inside joke *winks at Miya* you can just ignore this crap in the brackets now if you want)

Me thinks I'mma call it Under the Stars

Prologue
                10:47. I sigh, the next bus is at eleven. I shake my head and take a seat on the bench.
                A while later someone walks towards the bus stop. I sense his presence before he sits, but I wait until he is seated to look at him.
                “Hi,” he says. I smile; this is nothing new to us, we’ve been doing it all summer.
                “I’m leaving,” I tell him. His eyebrow rises. 
                “Really?” I nod.
                “Well then,” he says, “I’ll miss you, Girl from Room 711.”
                That’s been his nickname for me since the day he saw me. We don’t know each other’s real names. That’s okay with us though; we figure we’ll never see each other again anyways. 
                “I’ll miss you too, Boy from Room 713.” I take in his dark hair and bright eyes one last time. Then the bus arrives. I step forward while reaching into my bag to get my change. He grabs my hand before I can.
                “Wait,” he says, biting his lip. He apologizes to the driver, saying he’ll only take a minute.
                “Be careful,” he tells me. I roll my eyes.
                “I’ve course I’ll be care-“  he cuts me off by kissing me. I am in shock at first, but then I turn into fluid in his arms.
                “Nobody is safe,” he kisses my forehead gently, letting his lips linger before letting go of me completely.
 “Even under the stars.” He whispers this, so I can barely hear him.
I wonder what he means by that, but the driver is getting impatient.  I apologize and step on the bus. I take a seat near the window.
I watch him step out of the flickering light of the lamppost and disappear into the night.  I think I see him raise his hand before he goes, maybe to make a gesture towards the stars, as if to prove his point.
Eventually I let myself fall asleep; telling myself it must’ve been my imagination.



Keep in mind, I haven't had that much experience writing in this tense, and the story's kind of different from others I've written. So chances are it is bullshit. Oh well, I need something to do with my time, may as well fill it with bullshit. Cause bullshit's fucking awesome!


I would call myself a nerd or a dork right now, but I don't think they swear so I'm just going to stick with this:

I NEED A LIFE. 

In a TV show I was watching there was a girl named "Anita Life" HAHAHA!

My name's actually pretty close to Anita, now if only my last name was Life.... hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment