Wednesday, June 1, 2011

There's More!

So I wrote some more of zee story today. It's not alot, but I'm now promising to post whatever I've written as soon as possible! So yes, you have that to look forward to! (It's not even that great)


Chapter 1 cont.
Showing up at my girlfriend's house at three in the morning was becoming a habit for me. She didn't mind though; living on her own gave her the right to have people over at odd times. She had turned eighteen a few months before me. The day of she'd moved out and gotten emancipated. That was in May, so she'd been running her own business for about three months.   

She knew I'd probably show up sometime around two and four so she left the door unlocked then. I snuck in and walked to the kitchen, where I knew she would be.

“Thank you very much,” She said. “Yes, I'll have it for you tomorrow; you can pick them up then. Thank you! Bye.” She hung up the phone and saw me. “Hi Lysander,”

“Hey Jess,” I said. She picked up the icing bag on the counter and continued icing the cupcake closest to her. I was pretty sure they were for my birthday. There were slightly oversized too, so she could write messages on them. I stood behind her and looked at them.

Some said simple things like, “Happy Birthday” and “I Lysander” but there was one that was quite odd. I pointed to it.

“What's that one?” She looked up.

“Which one?” I continued pointing.

“The one that says 'ILYMTWCS'. What does that mean?” I asked her. She blushed.

“Oh,” She said quietly. And then in the same volume she said, “I love you more than words can say.”

            I blinked. Things were getting really awkward between us now; it was like she knew I was going to break up with her. There was no way she could’ve known about me running away though, since it was a spur of the moment thing.

            Jess was a wonderful girl, of course. But since she was a part of the cheerleading squad she felt like she had to do all she could to fit in with them. Even if it meant dating me secretly. None of her friends knew about her emancipation, or her baking.

            I looked at her. “I came to tell you something.” She smiled at me.  The lighting in the room made her skin look even paler than it was.

            “I’m leaving.” I told her.

            “What do you mean?” Jess wiped her hands on her apron and ran over to me. “Where are you going? Why?”

            “I don’t know where I’m going yet.” I told her. “And I just feel like it. I want to get out of this hellhole.” Not the complete truth, but it was all she needed to know. It would make sense to tell her about my parents since she hated hers but there were just some things I couldn’t tell her. Like about how she was such a bitch to everyone when with her jock and cheerleader friends.

            “You think somewhere without me would be better than here?” She asked, her voice slightly cracking. She always lived for drama, which is why she fit in with them better than me.

            When I didn’t answer right away she gasped. “You do think that, don’t you?” I said nothing. “Well, I don’t think here would be better without you. Or anywhere without you for that matter!”

            I turned away from her and considered the possible consequences of my next move.

            When I turned back she was throwing all the cupcakes away. I frowned at her.

            “Does that make you feel better?” I asked out of curiosity.

            “I hate you Lysander.” She told me, flipping me the finger. I could tell there were tears in her eyes though.

            “Then in that case, yes, Jessica.” She wiped her tears away with the backs of her hands.

            “Anywhere would be better without you.”

XXX


Thank you to Sarah/Ann/You have to tell me what to call you or I'm going to keep on doing things like this! for helping me develop Jess's character :) You're a great co-author!

1 comment:

  1. Bahahaha - you can call me Ann! :D

    Anyway, this is great! I feel bad for Lys AND Jess, though! D:

    <_< >_>

    Colin! D:

    Bahahaha XD

    ReplyDelete