Monday, June 6, 2011

What do you think?

So, as some of you may know, I am promoting (and failing at it) my novel, Our Last Goodbye.

Our Last Goodbye
Short Pitch:
What if the one who left you, came back?
Long Pitch:
Melody has known Dylan all her life, it was no surprise they started dating in the seventh grade. In their second year of high school, Dylan’s mom takes a job in California, which happens to be on the other side of the country and Melody is left heartbroken. Now, two years later, Melody hasn’t heard anything from Dylan since he left, but she has something to remember him by. She’s changed a lot though, dating her Drama teacher and then having a messy break up with him, which leads to failing grades in his class. And then as if that isn’t bad enough, Dylan comes back, expecting Melody to fall into his arms, but unfortunately for him, she’s not the same girl he used to know; or is she?

Random Excerpt:

I got to my locker right on time. I shoved my bag in and then headed to my first class, math. Halfway through, a student came in. She gave the math teacher some papers and then left.
“What’s that?” One of the students in the front row asked.
“Mr. Morrison marked your skits,” Our teacher held them up. “Hand those out, would ya?” She put them on the student’s desk. When I got mine my jaw dropped. “F” it read. I flipped through the three pages. There were no spelling mistakes, no comments, nothing. I clenched my teeth, what was wrong with Mark?
After math I headed to, fuck my life, drama. When I got there I slammed my paper down on Mark’s desk and hissed at him.
“What the hell did I do now?” He glanced up from his book.
“Miss. Skellings, hello, pleasure to see you again,” He smiled at me. “What’s going on?”
“You bloody well know what’s going on!” I shoved my paper at him. He looked at it and winced.
“You really fucked that one up didn’t you?” He asked, a grin slowly forming.
“But why?” I asked.
“I said I wanted at least four scenes, you gave me three,” He said, opening his book again. I snatched it away from him.
“Wha-“
“If my writing was so good that you didn’t have to correct it at all, wouldn’t that make up for it? I mean, it’s about quality, not quantity, right Mr. Morrison?”
“Yes, but it said on the rubric ‘at least four scenes’” He said.
“Tell the rubric to go fuck itself,” I handed him back his book and walked to my seat, pissed off. I saw that the girl who sat in front of me left her skit on her desk. I grabbed it quickly and thumbed through it, two scenes, and she got an A. I flung it back on her desk and leaned back in my seat.
“Class! Class! I have to get this lesson started people!” Mark called from the front of the room. The kids stopped talking and looked at him.
“Thank you,” He smiled, “Now, I haven’t told you this yet, but we’re getting a transfer student today, he’s from the other side of America, so I expect you all to be very kind to him.” I scoffed, like I was going to be nice to some random kid because Mark told me to.
After that, Mr. Morrison started his lesson. Halfway through, there was a knock at the door.
“Start taking notes on act two in your books,” He said. Then he went to the door. I picked up my pencil and started thumbing through my book. The class was dead quiet. I could hear Mark talking to the new kid at the front of the class.
“You can sit over there, behind Melody,” The kid mumbled something back and then walked over and sat behind me. I saw his shoes as he walked by, they looked familiar. I didn’t bother looking up from my work; this guy probably wasn’t worth it anyways. When I turned the page in my book I heard him clearing his throat from behind me.
“So, I heard they got a new drama teacher here, but I didn’t think he’d be this young,” I rolled my eyes. Then I realized he was talking to me. I turned around in my seat and opened my mouth to say something, but then I stopped. The boy sitting behind me was someone I thought I’d never see again: it was Dylan. 


And here is zee cover: 
Let me know what chu thinks :)

2 comments:

  1. It's soooooo cute >.<

    Lurve it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're lucky that you at least get people making covers for your stories. I'd probably end up making my own ;P

    ReplyDelete