Friday, February 25, 2011

Turn It Off

Sorry that it's been so long bloggees. I've been recovering from recent rejection. You see, I applied to this school from drama but they turned me down, so I fell into this spiraling hole of depression (in which I learned to spell spiraling) and created this uber-cool rejection playlist that helped me get over it! Each song represents a stage. I will explain:

1) Come Back To Me by Amely
This is where you don't feel anything at all. You don't understand why this has happened. Yeah, you could said you're devastated, you're hurt, you're lost, you're confused. All you want is to fix it, but you don't know how.

2) Time To Break Up by blink-182 (Personally, I prefer the All Time Low cover, but whatever, some content)
This is where you think of all the horrible things about the person - or school - that rejected you. But deep down you know that you still absolutely adore them.

3) Perfect by Simple Plan
This is where you're all like "screw them!" and "it's not my fault I'm not perfect!" And things like those. The song explains it much better than I ever could.

4) Feeling Sorry by Paramore
This is the stage where you shut out all thoughts of them. You decide that they aren't even worth your precious time anymore.

And the last and final and most awesome stage ever:

5) Turn It Off by Paramore
I'm proud to say I've made it all the way to this stage now. After a whole lotta tears and yelling at people and lying and saying that I'm fine, I'm here. I made it! (Another awesome song by Kevin Rudolf and some other nondescript people)

So yeah, that's it. I hope this helps you if you ever fall into a spiraling hole of depression! 

-xoxo, Ritz

No comments:

Post a Comment